"Come what may, and love it."
-Joseph B. Wirthlin
4/10/09
Dark Blue
I couldn't sleep last night. So this morning, I had a real aversion to getting up. By the time I got showered and dressed and it was time to leave, I didn't have time for my bowl of cereal. As I realized that I had no fruit or granola bars (I chose not to buy some when I was at the store the other day; I'm trying to use up the food I have), I felt sad that I would have to go to school hungry. All the way up to campus, I though about how hungry I was, and how cool it would be if someone in my first class had food to share, even though I knew that was mostly just fantasizing.

Then, as I crossed the street to campus, I saw these two guys. One was handing out fliers. The other was dressed in a gorilla costume. I like to avoid flier-handing-out people, and honestly I think people in animal costumes are a little creepy, so I braced myself to dodge the pair. And then I realized that the gorilla man was handing out bananas. And the scripture about "consider the lilies" and how the Lord feeds the fowls of the air popped into my mind. And I got myself a banana. And I remembered how God loves me. And it was delicious.
3 Comments:
Blogger Daniel Larsen said...
That is awesome

Blogger Allie said...
awww...i love you and so does God!!!! I saw the two this morning also :)

Blogger Marcy in TX said...
he so loves you that he sent his only begotten son... rejoice!
sorry about no capitals. I burned my hand in a brainless moment today.